The mission of the Emerson Center for the Arts & Culture is to serve as a primary resource for the arts, arts education and cultural activities in southwest Montana by:
- Stimulating and celebrating the arts in all its forms
- Fostering lifelong appreciation and understanding of arts and culture
- Building community and economic development among creative enterprises, businesses and civic organizations.
To achieve this, the Emerson Center:
- Engages the public by hosting and curating exhibitions and programs of regional and national recognition.
- Promotes arts education through its ongoing classes and outreach to public schools and the community.
- Celebrates Bozeman's history through effective stewardship of its historic facility
- Offers the community a variety of spaces for studios, meetings, performances, receptions, classes and other activities.
- Leads the way in regional public art via city-wide projects with lasting impact.
- Works in collaboration with its tenants and other arts, cultural and civic organizations to stimulate economic activity in Bozeman and to further its reputation as a regional destination.
The Emerson Center values:
- Furthering art appreciation, expression and participation for all ages
- Artistic and cultural vitality as the heartbeat of community
- Excellence and professionalism in all exhibition, educational and presenting practices.