Enjoy an art exhibit tour led by an Emerson artist or arts educator! Hear the inside story on how artists express their personal vision. Free of charge, we provide educational docent-led tours of our exhibits to community and school groups. To schedule a tour, email email@example.com. Tours for elementary school children (followed by optional hands-on art activities) can be scheduled Monday - Friday 9 am-3 pm. Tours for university students or other community groups can be scheduled from 9 am – 8pm.
Our tours serve a diverse audience, including public and private elementary, middle and high schools, children in afterschool or summer camp programs for arts enrichment, university students and teachers, retirement and assisted living groups, informal clubs and many others.
Fall School Outreach Program for grades K - 5
A. Exhibit preview in the schools
- Students introduced to the exhibit, artists, art history, vocabulary, visual literacy
- Virtually meet the artists, hear about their stories, ideas, processes & inspiration
B. Field trip: Exhibit tour & hands-on art activities in the Jessie Wilber Gallery & Lobby
- Tour & Hands-on Activity: suggested total time 1½ - 2 hours
- Tour only: 30-60 minutes, depending on age of child
1. Docent will conduct interactive tour that highlights understanding and enjoyment of the exhibit. Expands understanding of artistic processes, multi-disciplinary aspects, art history, and visual literacy terms.
2. Tour followed by relevant hands-on art activity that relates directly to the show with a new process and ideas. Students experience themselves as artists.
For questions call 406-587-9797, ext.106